Are you pregnant and trying to decide if you'll take a childbirth class? Educating yourself is an excellent way to prepare for a healthy pregnancy, an amazing birth and a healthy new baby. It doesn't matter if
Top Five Reasons YOU Need a Childbirth Class
1. Knowledge is Power. Classes can help moms and dads truly understand what to expect during pregnancy, how to confidently prepare for birth, and make informed choices. Many childbirth education classes educate couples about what to expect during pregnancy and birth, such as, prenatal testing options, eating nutritionally, exercises to help prepare for birth, understanding body changes during pregnancy, stages of birth, breastfeeding and even how to prepare for the unexpected. Knowing your options and having good childbirth preparation can empower you to make the right choices for your pregnancy and as you prepare for the birth you desire!
2. Accountability. When you take a childbirth class and attend for several weeks, it helps build your accountability to stay up with the information you are learning such as eating right, exercising and researching your birth choices. Your fellow classmates can often become friends that support you during this exciting time of pregnancy, in preparing for the birth and for the journey of motherhood.
3. It's a Date. Childbirth classes help set a specific night each week that you and your partner have to get away. Couples often learn a lot about each other when taking a childbirth class. It can help build intimacy, support and communication for one another too. Life after kids will not be the same, so make time for each other while you can.
4. Childbirth Educators Work for You. Childbirth educators are specifically trained to know a lot about pregnancy and birth. A childbirth educator is one that works for you as the couple and not for an organization or care provider. Having an educator can be helpful when prepping for a birth in any setting because the education she is providing isn't necessarily influenced by care providers or birth places. Many childbirth educators may also be doulas, midwives or work in another area of pregnancy which gives them an even greater wealth of knowledge for their students.
5. Curriculum and Information for Success. Childbirth classes are structured to help mothers and fathers learn...A LOT. Classes come with workbooks and are designed to help parents fully understand what happens during pregnancy, the process of birth, and breastfeeding and parenting information. Teaching tools, such as, birth videos, handouts, charts, and games help couples to interact and learn from one another. Some mothers feel that reading books about pregnancy and childbirth are enough, but I have found that not all dads are as "gung ho" about reading as the mother is and he often feels a bit unprepared and overwhelmed come birthing time.
It doesn't matter if you plan to have a home birth, a water birth or a hospital birth - there are a variety of classes to support your choices. Below are a few classes that I've had great feedback from my clients . Book yours today and remember that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!